Hey y’all!! I used to weightlift a while back and was on my way to a great physique. Fell off the wagon a few times, then a minor back injury stopped me from going to the gym and the weight kept creeping up. I purchased the the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger book and the year one challenge and getting ready to kick butt once again. I’m trying to figure out my TDEE but don’t know which formula to use. I don’t know if I should use light activity or moderate activity. I work on my feet all day and can easily get 10K steps during my 7 hr shift. The only time i get to sit down is during my 30-min lunch break lol. Also, my heart rate is sometimes elevated during my shift because I do move home furniture around. I also do some cardio after work for about 30-40 mins but don’t weightlift just yet. I’m not sure what category my activity falls under and that’s why I’m asking. Thanks in advance for your help!
This is from the book:
• BMR x 1.15 = Sedentary (little or no exercise)
• BMR x 1.2 to 1.35 = Light activity (1 to 3 hours of exercise or sports per week)
• BMR x 1.4 to 1.55 = Moderate activity (4 to 6 hours of exercise or sports per week)
• BMR x 1.6 to 1.75 = Very active (7 to 9 hours of exercise or sports per week)
• BMR x 1.8 to 1.95 = Extra active (10+ hours of exercise or sports per week)
Excerpt From Thinner Leaner Stronger Michael Matthews https://books.apple.com/us/book/thinner-leaner-stronger/id561312493 This material may be protected by copyright.